Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 17 km/h
- Barometer30.31 in (1030.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-14°C (7°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-14°C (6°F)
Current conditions at
Rick Husband Amarillo Intl Airport (KAMA)
Lat: 35.23 Lon: -101.7 Elev: 3586ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Periods of light snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near -8. Wind chill values between -11 and -16. Northeast wind around 15 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -16. Wind chill values between -19 and -24. East wind 15 to 20 km/h.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near -9. Wind chill values between -17 and -25. Southeast wind 15 to 25 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around -13. Wind chill values between -18 and -23. South wind 20 to 25 km/h, with gusts as high as 35 km/h.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 3. South wind 25 to 35 km/h becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13. North wind 20 to 30 km/h, with gusts as high as 40 km/h.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -6. North northeast wind 20 to 25 km/h decreasing to 10 to 15 km/h in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around -12. North wind 10 to 20 km/h becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 3. West wind 10 to 20 km/h becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around -8.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Clear, with a low around -6.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 9.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Potter County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE