Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.61 in (1036.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-9°C (15°F)
- Visibility11 km
Current conditions at
Russellville Municipal Airport (KRUE)
Lat: 35.26 Lon: -93.09 Elev: 404ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 5. Calm wind.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around -2. South southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Friday A chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 10am, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 5. South southeast wind around 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of a centimeter possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Occasional rain, mainly before 11pm. Low around 1. Southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming north northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 6. North northwest wind 5 to 15 km/h, with gusts as high as 30 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. North northwest wind 10 to 15 km/h, with gusts as high as 30 km/h.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 4. Northwest wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -3. Calm wind.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 11. Calm wind becoming west southwest 5 to 10 km/h in the morning.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 12.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Pope County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE