Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
ISABELLA WEATHER STATION NEAR LAKE ISABELLA (ISLC1)
Lat: 35.64583 Lon: -118.47722 Elev: 2680ft.
7 Miles W Kernville CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 15. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 4am. Low around 19. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 25. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 29. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 38. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. East wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 44. East wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 51. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kern County Mountains, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE