Severe Weather Possible for Parts of Northern Rockies, High Plains, Ohio Valley, and Carolinas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening for four distinct areas across the U.S.: from central Idaho into northwestern Montana; from northwest Texas to extreme southeastern Montana; across central Illinois, southern Indiana and into northern Kentucky; and across the central and eastern Carolinas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 13 mph
- Barometer29.80 in (1008.6 mb)
- Dewpoint70°F (21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Heat Index88°F (31°C)
Current conditions at
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (KRDU)
Lat: 35.88 Lon: -78.78 Elev: 416ft.
Raleigh-Durham International Airport NC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and thunderstorms before 1am, then a slight chance of showers. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 67. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Light northeast wind.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 61. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 84.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 61.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 89.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wake County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE