Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 2 G 6 MPH
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 35.9597 Lon: -116.2619 Elev: 1517ft.
22 Miles W Shoshone CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. South southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. South wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 26. North wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Death Valley National Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE