Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 26 G 38 mph
- Barometer30.21 in
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Boone, Watauga County Hospital Heliport (KTNB)
Lat: 36.2 Lon: -81.65 Elev: 3146ft.
Seven Devils NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 18. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 40. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Sleet likely, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Sleet before 10am, then rain. High near 42. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Watauga County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE