Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.42 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
North Wilkesboro, Wilkes County Airport (KUKF)
Lat: 36.22 Lon: -81.1 Elev: 1299ft.
Roaring River NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 23. Light west wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a chance of snow between 1am and 5am, then a chance of rain and snow after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain, mainly after 7am. High near 41. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow showers. Low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wilkes County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE