Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 16 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.21 in
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Jefferson, Ashe County Airport (KGEV)
Lat: 36.43 Lon: -81.42 Elev: 3179ft.
3 Miles WNW McGrady NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 38. West wind around 7 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain before 2am, then a slight chance of sleet between 2am and 5am, then a slight chance of snow and sleet after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow and sleet likely before noon, then rain. High near 41. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain before 3am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 3am and 4am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Light northwest wind becoming west 6 to 11 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a northwest wind 16 to 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ashe County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE