Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 15 G 29 mph
- Barometer29.56 in (1000.0 mb)
- Dewpoint46°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Crossville Memorial-Whitson Field Airport (KCSV)
Lat: 35.96°N Lon: 85.08°W Elev: 1867ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 38 by 5pm. Northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain and snow before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow between 10pm and 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. South wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. South wind around 5 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fentress County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE