Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 12 G 16 mph
- Barometer30.01 in
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Taos Muni Apt(awos) (KSKX)
Lat: 36.46 Lon: -105.67 Elev: 7090ft.
6 Miles NW Petaca NM
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -11. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -13. Southwest wind around 15 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -7. Southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Sunday Night A 10 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 10.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for San Juan Mountains, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE