Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.07 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Bishop, Bishop Airport (KBIH)
Lat: 37.37111 Lon: -118.35806 Elev: 4121ft.
9 Miles WSW Lone Pine CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 6 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -13. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight Snow showers, mainly after 4am. Low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -21. West wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 11. Wind chill values as low as -30. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 35 mph increasing to 40 to 50 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. Wind chill values as low as -33. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14. North northwest wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Sierra Slopes of Inyo County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE