Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 20 MPH
- Barometer30.20 in (1023.8 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Salinas, Salinas Municipal Airport (KSNS)
Lat: 36.66361 Lon: -121.60806 Elev: 82ft.
6 Miles SW Salinas Municipal CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 10 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming west northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Rain, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Low around 39. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. West northwest wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph becoming light west in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 45. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the morning.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 29.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Salinas Valley/Hollister Valley and Carmel Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE