Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.17 in (1022.6 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Salinas, Salinas Municipal Airport (KSNS)
Lat: 36.66361 Lon: -121.60806 Elev: 82ft.
6 Miles SSE San Juan Bautista CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. West wind around 6 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain and snow before 10pm, then rain. Low around 38. South wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A chance of rain before 10am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 39 by 9am, then falling to around 33 during the remainder of the day. West northwest wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 29. West northwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 58.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mountains Of San Benito County And Interior Monterey County Including Pinnacles National Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE