Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 3 MPH
- Barometer30.19 in (1023.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-4°C (24°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Salinas, Salinas Municipal Airport (KSNS)
Lat: 36.66361 Lon: -121.60806 Elev: 82ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around -1. Calm wind.
- Friday A 10 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 11. Southeast wind 10 to 13 km/h becoming west in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Rain, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Low around 6. Light and variable wind becoming south southeast 18 to 23 km/h in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 9. Southeast wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming west northwest 19 to 24 km/h in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 32 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1. West northwest wind 21 to 26 km/h becoming light and variable in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 34 km/h.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 8.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 0.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 10.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Monterey Bay and Big Sur Coast, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE