Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.35 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerset-Pulaski County-J.T. Wilson Field Airport (KSME)
Lat: 37.06 Lon: -84.61 Elev: 928ft.
5 Miles SSE Jamestown KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Tonight Rain likely, possibly mixed with snow and sleet before midnight, then rain. Low around 35. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before 11am. High near 44. Southeast wind around 7 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle between midnight and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Russell County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE