Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 3 mph
- Barometer29.61 in
- Dewpoint43°F (6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerset-Pulaski County-J.T. Wilson Field Airport (KSME)
Lat: 37.06°N Lon: 84.61°W Elev: 928ft.
5 Miles SSE Jamestown KY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Rain showers likely before 4pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 61 by 9am, then falling to around 37 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a southwest wind 14 to 22 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night Scattered rain and snow showers before 7pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 7pm and 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42. Wind chill values as low as 10. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Russell County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE