Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedW 9 mph
- Barometer30.35 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Wise / Lonesome Pine (KLNP)
Lat: 36.98 Lon: -82.53 Elev: 2680ft.
3 Miles E Wise VA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Night Rain likely before 5am, then snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow likely before 7am, then rain. High near 44. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain before 1am, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind around 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wise County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE