Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 19 km/h
- Barometer30.61 in (1037.3 mb)
- Dewpoint-10°C (14°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-8°C (18°F)
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -90.32 Elev: 479ft.
Van Buren MO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around -15. Calm wind.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 1. Calm wind becoming south southwest 5 to 10 km/h in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9. South wind around 10 km/h.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain, snow, and sleet likely. Increasing clouds, with a high near 3. South wind 10 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around -2. South wind 6 to 11 km/h becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain before noon, then scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 4. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 9 to 14 km/h in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. North northwest wind 14 to 18 km/h.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2. Northwest wind 11 to 14 km/h becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Southwest wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3. South southwest wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4. South southwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7. West wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4. West northwest wind 8 to 13 km/h.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 7. West wind 8 to 14 km/h becoming south in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carter County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE