Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM NNE Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel 1st Island VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE MOVES FARTHER OFFSHORE TODAY. A WARM FRONT WILL
LIFT NORTH ACROSS THE REGION TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT CROSSES THE
AREA LATE MONDAY INTO MONDAY NIGHT. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS
INTO THE AREA FROM THE WEST TUESDAY. LOW PRESSURE WILL TRACK UP
THE EAST COAST TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
- Today SSW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain after 4pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight SE wind 14 to 19 kt becoming SSE 19 to 24 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday S wind around 19 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday Night S wind 12 to 16 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday WNW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming N 9 to 12 kt after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind around 16 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 13 to 16 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day W wind 11 to 14 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE