Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
6NM NNE Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel 1st Island VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT APPROACHES THE WATERS TONIGHT...STALLING NEAR THE
WATERS ON THURSDAY. LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS OVER THE WATERS THURSDAY
NIGHT AND FRIDAY. A BACKDOOR COLD FRONT DROPS OVER THE WATERS FRIDAY
INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. IN WAKE OF THE FRONT...HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE
NORTHEAST RIDGES OVER THE WATERS THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight SSE wind around 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 8 kt. A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday WNW wind around 6 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 7 to 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 10 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 13 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 13 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 10 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE