Winter weather forecast in Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow will continue Friday in the Northeast as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the recent nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast, as snowfall totals will generally be six inches or less, with the exception of Maine where up to a foot is possible. Meanwhile, snow is forecast for the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM NE Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel 1st Island VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS LATE TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY
MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE RETURNS FRIDAY AFTERNOON INTO SATURDAY BEFORE
THE NEXT LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CROSSES THE WATERS SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH
- Overnight WSW wind 18 to 20 kt. A slight chance of rain after 4am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday NW wind 16 to 21 kt increasing to 22 to 27 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. A slight chance of rain before 8am. Seas 3 ft building to 5 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 24 to 28 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 5 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 18 to 21 kt decreasing to 13 to 16 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind 6 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday W wind around 6 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday WSW wind 9 to 12 kt becoming N 17 to 22 kt. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 ft building to 4 ft.
- Monday Night NNW wind 18 to 21 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE