Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.04 in
- Dewpoint-15°C (5°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
KANAB MUNICIPAL AIRPORT (KKNB)
Lat: 37.01 Lon: -112.53 Elev: 4865ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around -11. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1. Northeast wind 5 to 8 km/h becoming south in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. East northeast wind 8 to 11 km/h.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 0. South wind 8 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. West southwest wind 11 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -12.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 0.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Utah's Dixie and Zion National Park, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE