Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 13 km/h
- Barometer30.13 in
- Dewpoint0°C (32°F)
- Visibility6 km
- Wind Chill-4°C (25°F)
Current conditions at
Glasgow Municipal Airport (KGLW)
Lat: 36.96 Lon: -85.95 Elev: 715ft.
Mammoth Cave KY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain or freezing rain before 3pm, then freezing rain between 3pm and 5pm, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with sleet after 5pm. High near 1. North wind around 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of a centimeter possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle between midnight and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. North wind 11 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one centimeter possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1. North wind around 11 km/h.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow before midnight, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around -4. Northeast wind 8 to 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after noon. High near 3. Northeast wind 8 to 14 km/h becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 7.5 mm and 1 cm possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 1. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 7.5 mm and 1 cm possible.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -2.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Edmonson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE