Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer30.28 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Virginia Tech Airport (KBCB)
Lat: 37.21 Lon: -80.41 Elev: 2133ft.
Virginia Tech Airport VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 17. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow before 11pm, then a chance of sleet. Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Sleet before 1pm, then rain and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then rain after 4pm. High near 37. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 2am. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly between 1pm and 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Montgomery County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE