Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer29.97 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Virginia Tech Airport (KBCB)
Lat: 37.21°N Lon: 80.41°W Elev: 2133ft.
Virginia Tech Airport VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. West wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. West wind around 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. High near 60. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers likely before 2am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Montgomery County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE