Nor'easter will impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S., with a nor'easter developing off the Gulf Coast on Tuesday and moving up the East Coast Tuesday night through early Thursday. The storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. This will likely impact those with Thanksgiving travel plans on Wed.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM E Deltaville VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE ORGANIZES OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST THIS EVENING...AND
THEN TRACKS UP THE EAST COAST LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY. THIS
AREA OF LOW PRESSURE DEPARTS TO THE NORTHEAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT. A
SECONDARY LOW TRACKS ACROSS THE REGION EARLY THANKSGIVING
DAY...BEFORE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST LATER THURSDAY
- Tonight NNE wind 8 to 13 kt increasing to 14 to 19 kt after midnight. Rain, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 21 to 23 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 14 to 17 kt decreasing to 8 to 11 kt after midnight. Rain likely before 10pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 4am. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind 7 to 12 kt. A chance of rain and snow showers before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind 13 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 11 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night WNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday S wind 7 to 10 kt increasing to 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE