Severe weather will continue overnight across much of the eastern U.S. and be possible again on Monday from the Gulf Coast to the coastal Carolinas.
The severe weather threat will continue into the overnight hours for a large portion of the eastern U.S. from the Ohio Valley to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. On Monday, the severe weather threat area will cover a narrow swath along a sharply defined cold front from the Gulf Coast through the Southeast and up to the coastal Carolinas during the afternoon and evening.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM E Deltaville VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS TODAY. HIGH PRESSURE
BUILDS INTO THE MID ATLANTIC REGION FROM THE NORTHWEST TUESDAY
- Today W wind 14 to 17 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight NNW wind around 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 11 to 14 kt decreasing to 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW around 6 kt in the evening. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind 7 to 9 kt becoming S after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night ESE wind 6 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE