Unsettled weather to continue today across the northern Plains and Midwest; severe weather possible Tuesday along Gulf Coast
Unsettled weather will continue today over the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest where wintry precipitation is forecast, with several inches of snow from South Dakota eastward into Minnesota and northern Michigan. A well-defined cold front will advance eastward with showers and storms developing along and ahead of it. Some storms along the Gulf Coast could become severe on Tuesday.
6NM E Deltaville VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE MOVES NORTHEAST ALONG THE CAROLINA COAST TODAY AND
NORTH ALONG THE MID ATLANTIC COAST TONIGHT. A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL
CROSS THE AREA WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE RETURNS BY CHRISTMAS
DAY AND DOMINATES THE WEATHER PATTERN THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon NE wind around 18 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 12 to 15 kt becoming NE 6 to 9 kt in the evening. Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Areas of fog after midnight. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Tuesday W wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Areas of drizzle. Areas of fog. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday SSE wind 14 to 19 kt. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Seas 2 ft building to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind around 20 kt becoming SW after midnight. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then a chance of showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Christmas Day SW wind 15 to 18 kt becoming W in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 8 to 13 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE