Flash flooding threat continues from the Great Basin across the southern Plains
The wet pattern in place will continue from the Great Basin across the central and southern Rockies into the southern Plains into Wednesday. Ample monsoonal moisture with a frontal boundary in place will allow for shower and thunderstorm development with locally heavy rainfall at times. The heavier showers could lead to flash flooding in some areas, especially urban areas and burn scars.
7NM E Deltaville VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REMAINS OVER THE MID ATLANTIC REGION TODAY BEFORE
SLIDING OFFSHORE TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY. MEANWHILE...A WEAK FRONTAL
BOUNDARY OFFSHORE WILL DRIFT BACK TOWARDS THE COAST FRIDAY THROUGH
- Today NNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight S wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind 8 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 9 to 12 kt. A slight chance of showers after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday ESE wind 7 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind 7 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 8 kt in the morning. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday W wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE