Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
7NM E Deltaville VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT APPROACHES THE WATERS TONIGHT...STALLING NEAR THE
WATERS ON THURSDAY. LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS OVER THE WATERS THURSDAY
NIGHT AND FRIDAY. A BACKDOOR COLD FRONT DROPS OVER THE WATERS FRIDAY
INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. IN WAKE OF THE FRONT...HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE
NORTHEAST RIDGES OVER THE WATERS THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight SSE wind around 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SSE wind 5 to 7 kt. A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night SSE wind 6 to 8 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 10 to 12 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 11 to 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 12 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 9 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE