Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM E Deltaville VA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING...
- SynopsisA STRONG COASTAL LOW LIFTS NORTHEAST AWAY FROM THE DELMARVA COAST
INTO NEW ENGLAND TODAY...THEN MOVES INTO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES
TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE SLOWLY BUILDS INTO THE REGION WEDNESDAY INTO
THURSDAY. THE NEXT COLD FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS THURSDAY
NIGHT...FOLLOWED BY HIGH PRESSURE FRIDAY THROUGH MOST OF SUNDAY.
- Today NW wind around 19 kt. A chance of snow, mainly before noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 20 to 22 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 18 to 21 kt decreasing to 15 to 18 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 8 to 11 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 6 to 11 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 11 to 13 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 10 to 15 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Friday Night NNW wind around 16 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 10 to 13 kt decreasing to 6 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE