Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
12NM SSE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisMODERATE NORTH WINDS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE COASTAL WATERS THROUGH
SATURDAY. THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE AT LEAST 10 NAUTICAL MILES
OFFSHORE OF THE COAST. PATCHY DENSE FOG WILL LINGER ACROSS THE
NORTH BAY AND WEST DELTA THROUGH NOON TODAY. THE COMBINATION OF
MODERATE WINDS AND SWELL MAY RESULT IN SOMEWHAT CHOPPY SEAS AS
WELL. WIND AND SEA CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO IMPROVE BY TOMORROW
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE