Marginal Risk of severe weather for central Texas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Marginal Risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of central Texas. Large hail will be the main risk. Elsewhere, widely-scattered thunderstorms not expected to reach severe limits are possible surrounding the Marginal Risk area in Texas, as well as across the Ozarks and central Florida.
16NM SSE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLIGHT WIND AND SEAS TODAY AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT.
WINDS WILL TURN SOUTHERLY TONIGHT AS THE FRONT APPROACHES WITH
RAIN DEVELOPING OVER THE WATERS TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY. WINDS WILL
TURN NW BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON BUT IN GENERAL LIGHT WINDS ARE
FORECAST WITH THE FRONTAL PASSAGE. NW WINDS WILL INCREASE LATER
FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY ALONG WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS AND BUILDING NW SEAS.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 7 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S after midnight. A chance of rain after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind around 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Rain. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind around 6 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 6 to 9 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NW wind 9 to 12 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 5 to 8 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE