Chance of severe thunderstorms in the Plains on Friday
Scattered strong to severe storms will be possible from northeast Colorado and northwest Kansas into Nebraska Friday afternoon and evening, then overnight across portions of the central and northern Plains. Large hail and strong wind gusts will be the primary threats, although a tornado cannot be ruled out.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM SSE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON
- SynopsisGENERALLY LIGHT TO MODERATE WINDS WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE
COASTAL WATERS THROUGH MUCH OF THE FORECAST PERIOD. STRONGEST
WINDS EXPECTED OVER THE NORTHERN OUTER WATERS. A MODERATE PERIOD
SOUTHERLY SWELL...GENERATED BY TROPICAL STORMS WILL MOVE INTO THE
REGION AND CONTINUE INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Today SSW wind 7 to 17 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind 9 to 19 kt becoming S in the evening. Patchy fog after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 14 to 19 kt becoming SW in the evening. Patchy fog after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WSW wind 8 to 10 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WSW wind 9 to 13 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WSW wind around 7 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WSW wind 6 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE