Ana southwest of Kauai and crawling slowly toward the west
The Central Pacific Hurricane Center continues to monitor Tropical Storm Ana as it continues to pass southwest of Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands. Maximum sustained winds are 70 miles per hour, with higher gusts, and little change in strength is expected. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Kauai, and a Hurricane Watch is in effect for uninhabited regions of northwest Hawaii.
16NM SSE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE NORTHERN WATERS EARLY MONDAY MORNING.
WINDS WILL BE LIGHT SOUTHERLY IN THE NORTHERN WATERS AND LIGHT
WEST TO NORTHWEST IN THE SOUTHERN WATERS THROUGH TUESDAY.
WINDS WILL SWITCH TO NORTHWEST OVER ALL WATERS WEDNESDAY THROUGH
FRIDAY. A LARGE NORTHWESTERLY SWELL GENERATED BY A STORM IN THE
GULF OF ALASKA WILL ARRIVE AT THE COAST TONIGHT. LONG PERIOD
FORERUNNERS WILL BE ARRIVING TONIGHT WITH THE LARGER WAVES
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WNW wind 6 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers before 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night WNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE