Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.98 in (1024.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-16°F (-27°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Cedar City, Cedar City Regional Airport (KCDC)
Lat: 37.70667 Lon: -113.09667 Elev: 5627ft.
14 Miles ESE Cedar City UT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -25. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -17. South wind 6 to 15 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 10. Wind chill values as low as -17. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -23. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 20 to 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 2. North northwest wind 10 to 18 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 12. Blustery.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Utah Mountains, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE