Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest, New England
An active weather pattern continues across the Pacific Northwest on Thursday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in several inches of rain across the region. Meanwhile, a coastal storm off the Northeast coast will bring periods of rain to parts of New England through early Friday. Showers and thunderstorms are also possible across parts of the Midwest.
7NM SE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES OFF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST WHILE
LOW PRESSURE IS OFF VANCOUVER ISLAND. THIS IS BRINGING LIGHT WINDS
TO THE AREA WITH STRONGER WINDS IN THE SOUTHERN WATERS. SOUTHERLY
WINDS WILL INCREASE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY AS A LOW PRESSURE
SYSTEM DEEPENS OFF THE OREGON COAST. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OFF
THE CALIFORNIA COAST SUNDAY AND MONDAY AFTER THE LOW MOVES INLAND.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 7 kt. Increasing clouds. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind around 13 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 10 to 14 kt. A chance of showers. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 6 to 10 kt becoming NW in the morning. A slight chance of showers before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW around 6 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE