Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
7NM SE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisGENERALLY LIGHT NORTHWEST WINDS WILL PERSIST ACROSS THE COASTAL
WATERS THROUGH FRIDAY...WITH EXCEPTION TO THE COASTAL JET SOUTH OF
POINT SUR WHERE MODERATE WINDS WILL PERSIST THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT.
WIND SPEEDS WILL THEN INCREASE AND BECOME SOUTHERLY FRIDAY NIGHT
INTO SATURDAY AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT THAT WILL ALSO
BRING CHANCES OF RAIN TO THE REGION. NORTHWEST SWELL WILL SLOWLY
DIMINISH THROUGH FRIDAY THEN INCREASE OVER THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night W wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind around 9 kt. A slight chance of rain after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 6 to 9 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 9 to 14 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WNW wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE