The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
10NM SE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OFF THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST RESULTING
IN INCREASING NORTHWEST WINDS THAT WILL LAST THROUGH EARLY NEXT
WEEK. SOUTHERLY SWELL FROM HURRICANE MARIE WILL GRADUALLY SUBSIDE
THROUGH THE END OF THE WEEK.
- Today W wind 7 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Mostly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind 13 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Patchy fog after 2am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 14 to 17 kt becoming N in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Patchy fog before 8am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind around 13 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night W wind 12 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day W wind around 7 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind 9 to 12 kt. Patchy fog after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind around 6 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE