Rain, mountain snow continue out west; rain and thunderstorms forecast for Southeast and Gulf Coast
Rain and mountain snow are expected across parts of northern California and the Pacific Northwest on Friday. Heavy snow is forecast for the higher mountain elevations over the weekend. Meanwhile, rain and thunderstorms are forecast for parts of the Southeast and Gulf Coast states Friday and Saturday.
7NM SE San Francisco CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION THROUGH THE DAY TODAY
BEFORE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS INTO THE REGION THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
EXPECT SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST WINDS UP TO 20KTS AHEAD OF THE FRONTAL
PASSAGE AND LIGHT WEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS IN THE WAKE OF THE
PASSAGE. NORTHWEST SWELL WILL PREVAIL THROUGH THE FORECAST PERIOD
WITH SWELL IN EXCESS OF 15 FEET POSSIBLE OVER THE OPEN
OCEAN 10NM OR MORE OFFSHORE. HAZARDOUS SEAS OVER THE OCEAN AND
NEAR THE COAST FOR MUCH OF THE WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon S wind around 7 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before 4am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers after 10am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A slight chance of showers. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind around 7 kt. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNW wind around 6 kt. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night N wind around 7 kt. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind around 7 kt. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE