Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM SSW Oakland CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA STRONG SURFACE LOW PRESSURE CENTERED OFF THE OREGON COAST WILL
CONTINUE TO LIFT NORTHEASTWARD TODAY...RESULTING IN STRONG AND
GUSTY SOUTHERLY WINDS. WINDS WILL THEN DIMINISH AND SWITCH TO THE
NORTHWEST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON IN WAKE OF A FRONTAL PASSAGE. THIS
SYSTEM WILL BRING SHOWERS TO THE REGION TODAY WITH THE POSSIBILITY
OF THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHERN WATERS THIS AFTERNOON AND
EVENING. NORTHWEST FLOW WILL INCREASE EARLY NEXT WEEK AS HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS OFF THE CALIFORNIA COAST.
- Today SSW wind 15 to 23 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 6 to 16 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Scattered showers. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNW wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 7 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 6 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE