Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM SSW Oakland CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM PDT SATURDAY THROUGH
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE SITUATED WEST OF CAPE MENDOCINO WILL CONTINUE TO
DEEPEN TONIGHT RESULTING IN STRONG SOUTHERLY WINDS ACROSS THE
COASTAL WATERS. GALE FORCE WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE
NORTHERN WATERS WITH STRONG SMALL CRAFT WINDS DEVELOPING
ELSEWHERE. A LINE OF RAIN AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS
EARLY SATURDAY MORNING WITH THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE NORTH OF THE
GOLDEN GATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. WINDS WILL EASE AND SHOWERS WILL
END BY SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LIGHTER WINDS AND MODERATE SEAS SUNDAY
- Tonight SSW wind 7 to 14 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of rain after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 11 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 31 kt. Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 9 to 14 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. A chance of rain. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind around 9 kt. Mostly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind 5 to 11 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE