Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
TUOLUMNE MEADOWS (TUMC1)
Lat: 37.87333 Lon: -119.35000 Elev: 8600ft.
16 Miles NE Yosemite Valley CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 17 by noon, then falling to around 3 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values as low as -18. Windy, with a west southwest wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -11. Wind chill values as low as -27. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -24. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -5. Wind chill values as low as -26. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30. Blustery, with an east northeast wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 40. Calm wind.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northeast in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE