Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWSW 1 G 3 MPH
- Barometer29.99 in
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
CW5780 Lee Vining (C5780)
Lat: 37.95650 Lon: -119.11950 Elev: 6780ft.
2 Miles NE Tioga Pass CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 8. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 9. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph becoming north 20 to 25 mph in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Blustery.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mono County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE