Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 24 G 43 km/h
- Barometer29.68 in (1004.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°C (31°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-2°C (29°F)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05°N Lon: 84.6°W Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Scattered showers. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around -16. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 37 km/h, with gusts as high as 65 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight Scattered rain and snow showers before 8pm, then scattered snow showers between 8pm and 10pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Northwest wind 21 to 27 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 3. Wind chill values as low as -15. West wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -3. South wind 8 to 13 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. South wind 10 to 15 km/h increasing to 22 to 27 km/h in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 8.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clark County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE