Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 17 km/h
- Barometer30.34 in (1028.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-12°C (11°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-10°C (14°F)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around -7. Southwest wind around 11 km/h.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 6. Southwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Friday Night Rain and snow. Low around 0. Southeast wind around 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 2 centimeters.
- Saturday Rain. High near 5. Southeast wind 5 to 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow before 1am, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around -2. West wind 8 to 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 0.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clark County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE