Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1026.2 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (KCHO)
Lat: 38.14 Lon: -78.45 Elev: 623ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow likely before 10am, then rain, snow, and sleet between 10am and 4pm, then rain after 4pm. High near 34. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 32. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Albemarle, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE