Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.54 in (999.9 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18°N Lon: 84.9°W Elev: 804ft.
5 Miles E Taylorsville KY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 55. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday Periods of rain showers before 2pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 35 by 5pm. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 23 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Scattered snow showers, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Wind chill values as low as 9. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Wind chill values as low as 7. West wind around 8 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Spencer County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE