Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 5 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1026.2 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18 Lon: -84.9 Elev: 804ft.
5 Miles E Taylorsville KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet before 1pm, then rain likely. High near 35. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of rain before 4am, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 32. South wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A slight chance of freezing rain and sleet before 10am, then a chance of drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. West wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Light northwest wind.
- Tuesday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Spencer County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE