Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 22 km/h
- Barometer29.98 in (1015.5 mb)
- Dewpoint3°C (37°F)
- Visibility10 km
- Wind Chill3°C (37°F)
Current conditions at
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport (KLEX)
Lat: 38.05°N Lon: 84.6°W Elev: 981ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 17. Southwest wind 24 to 29 km/h, with gusts as high as 42 km/h.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Southwest wind 14 to 21 km/h.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Southwest wind 13 to 18 km/h.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Low around 9. South wind 11 to 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Wednesday Rain showers before 2pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 12. West wind 13 to 23 km/h becoming north in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 8pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -3.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 12.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 10.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE