Wintry mix and snow from the western mountains to the southern Plains
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM N Oakland CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisGUSTY NORTH AND NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CONTINUE ALONG THE CENTRAL
COAST TONIGHT AND SATURDAY AS A STORM SYSTEM SWEEPS THROUGH THE
REGION. THE GUSTY WINDS WILL PRODUCE HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS WITH
STEEP WIND WAVES AND FRESH SWELL. THE STORM SYSTEM WILL ALSO BRING SHOWERS
AND POSSIBLY THUNDERSTORMS TO THE COASTAL WATERS TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY
EVENING. WINDS WILL DECREASE AND SEA CONDITIONS WILL IMPROVE FOR A
MAJORITY OF THE WATERS BY SATURDAY NIGHT AS THE STORM EXITS
- Tonight WNW wind 10 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some storms could be severe, with large hail and hail.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm, then a slight chance of showers. Some of the storms could produce small hail.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy.
- Monday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers.
- Monday Night WSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A slight chance of showers.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE