Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
21NM N Oakland CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE CONTINUES OFF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST COAST. A THERMAL
TROUGH WILL SHIFT TO THE COAST RESULTING IN DECREASING WINDS OVER
THE AREA EXCEPT FOR THE OUTER WATERS NORTH OF POINT REYES.
- Today SW wind 12 to 15 kt. Sunny.
- Tonight SW wind 13 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Increasing clouds.
- Wednesday WSW wind 9 to 12 kt. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 10 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. Increasing clouds.
- Thursday WSW wind around 9 kt. Mostly sunny.
- Thursday Night WSW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Partly cloudy.
- Friday WSW wind 7 to 11 kt. Sunny.
- Friday Night WSW wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly clear.
- Saturday WSW wind around 7 kt. Sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE