Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
21NM N Oakland CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL GO ACROSS OUR WATERS TODAY LEADING TO SHOWERS
AND POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS. WIND WILL BRIEFLY INCREASE WITH THE
PASSAGE OF THE FRONT AS IT MOVES NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST. BEHIND
THE FRONT LIGHTER NW WINDS ARE FORECAST BY THE EVENING. ON SATURDAY
STRONGER NW WINDS AND BUILDING SEAS TO AROUND 10 FEET WILL DEVELOP
CREATING SOME HAZARDOUS SEAS FOR THE START OF CRAB SEASON.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 7 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am.
- Tonight WSW wind 5 to 7 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers.
- Saturday Night W wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Patchy fog after 11pm.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 8am.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE