Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
16NM N Oakland CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisNORTHWEST WINDS WILL GRADUALLY INCREASE OVER THE SOUTHERN AND OUTER
WATERS TONIGHT AND PERSIST ON MONDAY AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OFF THE
CALIFORNIA COAST. KING TIDES WILL IMPACT THE COAST AND INLAND BAYS
THROUGH TUESDAY. KING TIDE IMPACTS FOR SEAFARING VESSELS WILL
OCCUR PRIMARILY DURING LOW TIDES...WITH THE POSSIBILITIES OF BOAT
KEELS TOUCHING HARBOR BOTTOM...STRONG CURRENTS IN HARBOR
ENTRANCES...AND ADDITIONAL BREAKING WAVES OVER OFFSHORE REEFS.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of drizzle. Patchy dense fog.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of drizzle before 10am. Patchy dense fog before 10am.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 10pm.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Patchy fog before 10am.
- Tuesday Night E wind around 8 kt. Partly cloudy.
- Wednesday E wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 7 kt in the evening. A slight chance of rain.
- Christmas Day Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 5 to 9 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny.
- Thursday Night N wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE