Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 km/h
- Barometer30.12 in (1020.0 mb)
- Dewpoint1°C (33°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-1°C (30°F)
Current conditions at
Frankfort, Capital City Airport (KFFT)
Lat: 38.18 Lon: -84.9 Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain. Low around 0. North wind around 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 2.5 and 5 mm possible.
- Friday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 1. Northeast wind 14 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.4 to 0.6 of a centimeter possible. New sleet accumulation of around 4 centimeters.
- Friday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then a slight chance of snow between 1am and 3am. Low around -7. North wind 13 to 16 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of a centimeter possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 2 centimeters.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3. Wind chill values as low as -12. North wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Saturday Night Snow likely after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around -7. Northeast wind around 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around 3 centimeters.
- Sunday Snow before 1pm, then rain or freezing rain. High near 1. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 1. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -4.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -12.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE