Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.20 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 38.26 Lon: -86.95 Elev: 528ft.
5 Miles ENE Ferdinand IN
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Freezing rain and sleet. Low around 28. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. North wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 5 inches.
- Friday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -1. North wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Sunny and cold, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -2. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low around 16. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow before noon, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain. High near 31. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain before midnight, then rain and snow. Low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dubois County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE