Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 G 26 mph
- Barometer29.61 in (1002.6 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Bowman Field Airport (KLOU)
Lat: 38.23°N Lon: 85.67°W Elev: 540ft.
3 Miles SW Jeffersonville IN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Scattered showers. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 40. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain showers before 7pm, then scattered flurries between 7pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 19. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 41. Wind chill values as low as 8. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. South wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE