Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1023.9 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Bowman Field Airport (KLOU)
Lat: 38.23 Lon: -85.67 Elev: 540ft.
3 Miles SW Jeffersonville IN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Freezing rain and sleet, possibly mixed with snow before 1pm, then sleet, possibly mixed with rain, snow, and freezing rain between 1pm and 3pm, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. North wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of around 4 inches.
- Tonight Snow and freezing drizzle likely, mainly before midnight. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as 9. North wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 20. Wind chill values as low as 9. North wind 6 to 9 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Snow before 1pm, then rain or freezing rain. High near 33. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE