Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1035.9 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Bowman Field Airport (KLOU)
Lat: 38.23 Lon: -85.67 Elev: 540ft.
Hickory Hill KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as 1. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 39. Wind chill values as low as 10. South wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Rain and snow. Low around 33. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE