Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.94 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
CW4253 Bear Valley (C4253)
Lat: 38.4680 Lon: -120.0470 Elev: 7201ft.
36 Miles ENE Twain Harte CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Light and variable wind becoming south southeast around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 16. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Night A 10 percent chance of snow after 4am. Partly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 9. West southwest wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Friday Snow, mainly after 4pm. High near 16. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 29 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 9. Windy, with a southwest wind around 33 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 11. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Blustery.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE