Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer30.47 in (1032.4 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Bowman Field Airport (KLOU)
Lat: 38.23 Lon: -85.67 Elev: 540ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain before 1am, then snow between 1am and 4am, then rain and snow after 4am. Low around 32. Southeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 39. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE