Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 G 16 mph
- Barometer29.80 in (1008.9 mb)
- Dewpoint61°F (16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Louisville, Bowman Field Airport (KLOU)
Lat: 38.23 Lon: -85.67 Elev: 540ft.
2 Miles ESE Charlestown IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 38 by 5pm. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before midnight, then rain, possibly mixed with sleet between midnight and 2am, then rain and sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain after 2am. Low around 33. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Rain and snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet, becoming all snow after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 4 inches.
- Friday Night Snow likely, mainly before 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as 9. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Sunny and cold, with a high near 24. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Snow likely after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Freezing rain, possibly mixed with snow before 1pm, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with rain. High near 33. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 21.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clark County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE