Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 G 16 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1023.8 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Louisville, Bowman Field Airport (KLOU)
Lat: 38.23 Lon: -85.67 Elev: 540ft.
3 Miles ENE New Providence IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet before 1pm, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet between 1pm and 3pm, then snow after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 29. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of around 6 inches.
- Tonight Snow and freezing drizzle likely, mainly before midnight. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 16. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Sunny and cold, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as 7. North wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Wind chill values as low as 8. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Snow before 1pm, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain. High near 32. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Sunday Night Rain before 1am, then rain and snow. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clark County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE