Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.98 in
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
CW4253 Bear Valley (C4253)
Lat: 38.4680 Lon: -120.0470 Elev: 7201ft.
31 Miles S South Lake Tahoe CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 25. Southwest wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 14. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 16 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 20. West southwest wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. West northwest wind 5 to 13 mph becoming east northeast in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE