Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 7 MPH
- Barometer29.97 in (1021.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-19°C (-3°F)
- Visibility14 km
- Wind Chill-24°C (-12°F)
Current conditions at
Montrose, Montrose Regional Airport (KMTJ)
Lat: 38.50500 Lon: -107.89750 Elev: 5758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around -21. Calm wind.
- Friday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near -7. Calm wind.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13. Southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday Snow likely after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -2. Southeast wind 10 to 15 km/h becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -9. Southwest wind 10 to 15 km/h.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -5.
- Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -9.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Gunnison and Uncompahgre River Basin, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE