Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.35 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Luray Caverns Airport (KLUA)
Lat: 38.67 Lon: -78.5 Elev: 903ft.
6 Miles NW Etlan VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 24. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow likely before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 40. South wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE