Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer29.68 in
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill53°F (12°C)
Current conditions at
Luray Caverns Airport (KLUA)
Lat: 38.67°N Lon: 78.5°W Elev: 903ft.
6 Miles NW Etlan VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 61. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon. High near 53. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers likely before 9pm, then a chance of snow showers between 9pm and midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 26. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE