Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 12 G 17 MPH
- Dewpoint-6°C (22°F)
- Wind Chill3°C (38°F)
Current conditions at
BEN BOLT (BENC1)
Lat: 38.590836 Lon: -120.933622 Elev: 905ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 3. South wind around 14 km/h. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 centimeters possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around -2. South southeast wind 16 to 21 km/h increasing to 24 to 29 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 10am. High near 0. Southwest wind 16 to 21 km/h decreasing to 10 to 15 km/h in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9. Light north northeast wind becoming east northeast 8 to 13 km/h in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 1. East northeast wind 9 to 14 km/h becoming light and variable in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -9.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 4.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 10.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Friday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 11.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Motherlode, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE