Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 4 G 17 MPH
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 38.854167 Lon: -120.024167 Elev: 6248ft.
6 Miles NNW Markleeville CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 21. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 10am. High near 24. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming southwest in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1. East wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Lake Tahoe Area, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE