Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 0 G 3 MPH
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
OWENS CAMP (OWNC1)
Lat: 38.735819 Lon: -120.241583 Elev: 5240ft.
12 Miles SW South Lake Tahoe CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 27. Southwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow. Low around 19. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 23. West southwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. West wind 7 to 9 mph becoming east in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. East wind around 8 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE