Flash flooding possible for parts of Upper Midwest
A slow-moving weather system progressing from the northern Plains to the Great Lakes will bring excessive rainfall and a risk of flash flooding to portions of the Upper Midwest on Friday. The heaviest rainfall is expected from central Iowa northeastward across southeastern Minn. and into Wisc. Rainfall totals of 1-2 inches, with locally-higher amounts, are possible through Saturday morning.
11NM SSE Annapolis MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE NORTHEAST STATES TODAY WILL PUSH OFFSHORE FOR
THE WEEKEND. A WARM FRONT WILL LIFT NORTH ACROSS THE WATERS LATE
SATURDAY. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MAY BE NEEDED FOR A PORTION OF THE
- This Afternoon NE wind around 6 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind 6 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SSE wind 6 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday S wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Labor Day WSW wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night S wind around 7 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind around 7 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE