Severe weather possible for large portion of central, southern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe weather Thursday afternoon through early Friday across portions of the southern and central Plains into the mid-Mississippi and Tennessee Valleys. Widespread thunderstorms are expected along and ahead of a cold front moving across these areas. The storms could produce damaging wind gusts, hail and perhaps even a couple tornadoes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SSE Annapolis MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WATERS THROUGH TONIGHT. A STRONG
COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH THE WATERS FRIDAY BEFORE PASSING THROUGH
LATE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL RETURN
FOR LATER SATURDAY BEFORE MOVING OFF THE COAST EARLY NEXT WEEK. A
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY WILL LIKELY BE NEEDED FOR PORTIONS OF THE
WATERS LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon NNE wind around 7 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SSE 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSE wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Showers, mainly after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SSW wind around 15 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 8am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 14 to 16 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming WSW 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 7 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less building to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE