Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
11NM SSE Annapolis MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisA TROUGH WILL PERSIST OVER THE CHESAPEAKE BAY REGION THIS AFTERNOON.
MEANWHILE...BERMUDA HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY. A
WEAK COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS TUESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
IS THEN EXPECTED TO RETURN THROUGH LATE WEEK.
- Tonight S wind 6 to 8 kt becoming SW after midnight. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 10pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind around 7 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night S wind 6 to 9 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 6 to 8 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 8 kt becoming SW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE